RIETH-RILEY CONSTRUCTION - PROJECT ENGINEERING -SUMMER 2021 INTERNSHIP
Assist and support the project manager with on-site administrative tasks, operations, and technical aspects of projects including labor, equipment, materials, and subcontractors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist with surveying, testing, sample collection, drawing correction and filing
- Assist with report preparation, safety inspections, submittal logging and processing
- Assist with time keeping and cost control, inventory control, schedule checking and subcontractor monitoring
- Assist with the preparation of quantity take-offs - calling vendors and subcontractors for proposals
- Attend bid openings, conferences, etc.
- Assist with the checking of drawings and specifications or completeness, accuracy or discrepancies
- Assist with planning and scheduling
- Assist with the processing of change orders, extra work orders and preparing requests for progress payments
- Assist with the arranging of utility services
- Preparing charts and formal reports
- Assist with density testing and core sample collection
- Assist with quality control calculations and measurements
- Assist with the supervision of punch-list activities
- Assist with the obtaining of permits and licenses, checking zoning and code requirements
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Engineering and or Construction Management preferred
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Must have good organization skills
- Must be quick to adapt and able to thrive in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office essential
- Problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Self-motivated; ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer – It is the policy of Rieth-Riley to assure that applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to their veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, citizen status, and/or any other applicable legally-recognized protected class under local, state or federal law.
Individuals with disabilities that require reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application process should contact Rieth-Riley’s Human Resources Department by phone 574-875-5183 or by email email@example.com.