THIS IS A FULL-TIME, YEAR ROUND POSITION IN BAY HARBOR, MI.
Bay Harbor Yacht Club, a private club located near Petoskey, MI, provides breathtaking views and exceptional service for both guests and members year-round. BHYC boasts several exquisite restaurants, multiple recreational outlets, and large event spaces, all situated on the Bay Harbor marina. If you are looking for a fun place to work with spectacular views, look no further than Bay Harbor Yacht Club! This position includes year-round benefits such as medical, dental, and vision insurance and Paid Time Off.
The Housekeeper position is a working hourly position responsible for ensuring the cleanliness of all club facilities, including all public restrooms, dining areas, event spaces, and staff/housing areas.
- Perform general cleaning duties in all areas of the club property, including dusting, mopping, and vacuuming
- Cleaning light fixtures, ceiling vents and other high level areas on a consistent schedule
- Monitoring and refreshing public restrooms as needed, including cleaning toilets and sink areas
- Assist with cleaning rooms as needed in Employee housing areas
- Execute deep cleaning projects, such as carpet cleaning, according to schedule
- Collection and disposal of trash around property
- Washing and folding beach towels using Laundry machines
- Assist members with retrieving additional amenities as requested
- 1-2 years experience in Housekeeping field or related areas preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable using ladders to reach high areas during cleaning process
- Strong organizational skills to prioritize work activities within project and operations required
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Work will generally be performed in both indoor and outdoor environments. Temperatures can range from 32 F to 90+ F, and there may be exposure to loud noises and sustained elements. Working schedule is generally 40 hours per week, with some holidays, weekends and travel required. Must have the ability to lift up to 30 lbs. as required. General standing, walking, lifting, pushing and pulling movements are required.
Job Type: Full-time