Friday, February 22, 2019 - 8:00 - 10:30 a.m.
The Petoskey Regional Chamber of Commerce is pleased to partner with Kevin Christman and Adam Caron of the accounting firm Rasmussen, Teller, O’Neil & Christman to present "What's New in the 2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act."
The new law impacts virtually every individual and business on a level not seen in over 30 years. This is a great opportunity to learn how it affects your business or affects you personally. Kevin and Adam will review the provisions in the law for both individuals and businesses that will affect your 2018 income taxes.
Included in the presentation will be an explanation of the following important provisions:
- Changes in the individual tax rates and tax brackets
- Elimination of deductions for exemptions and certain itemized deductions and increases in the standard deduction and how these changes will affect taxpayers
- Increase in the Child Tax Credit
- Expansion of depreciation opportunities for businesses
- Significant changes in the taxation of business income for corporations and pass-through entities, including an explanation of the new 20% Qualified Business Income Deduction
This event is open to chamber members and the public. The cost is $25 and breakfast is included. Register by 5pm Wednesday, Feb. 20.