Chamber University: What’s New in the 2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs ActName: Chamber University: What’s New in the 2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs ActDate: January 31, 2018Time: 8:00 AM - 10:30 AM ESTRegistration: Sorry, registration for this event has been closed.Event Description:The Petoskey Regional Chamber of Commerce is pleased to partner with Kevin Christman and Adam Caron of the accounting firm Rasmussen, Teller, O’Neil & Christman to present "What's New in the 2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act."
The new law impacts virtually every individual and business on a level not seen in over 30 years. This is a great opportunity to learn how it affects your business or affects you personally.
Kevin and Adam will review the provisions in the law for both individuals and businesses that will affect your 2018 income taxes.
Included in the presentation will be an explanation of the following important provisions:
- Changes in the individual tax rates and tax brackets
- Elimination of deductions for exemptions and certain itemized deductions and increases in the standard deduction and how these changes will affect taxpayers
- Increase in the Child Tax Credit
- Expansion of depreciation opportunities for businesses
- Significant changes in the taxation of business income for corporations and pass-through entities, including an explanation of the new 20% Qualified Business Income Deduction
Exhibit - "Homecoming: The History of the Harbor Springs High School"
Harbor Springs History Museum
May 31 - Dec 31
The Harbor Springs Area Historical Society is pleased to announce the opening of their newest exhibit "Homecoming: The History of the Harbor Springs High School" at the Harbor Springs History Museum. The exhibit is filled with Rams memorabilia, artifacts and photographs and includes activities that let visitors become a part of the story. Find out more.