Chamber University: What’s New in the 2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs ActName: Chamber University: What’s New in the 2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs ActDate: January 31, 2018Time: 8:00 AM - 10:30 AM ESTRegistration: Sorry, registration for this event has been closed.Event Description:The Petoskey Regional Chamber of Commerce is pleased to partner with Kevin Christman and Adam Caron of the accounting firm Rasmussen, Teller, O’Neil & Christman to present "What's New in the 2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act."
The new law impacts virtually every individual and business on a level not seen in over 30 years. This is a great opportunity to learn how it affects your business or affects you personally.
Kevin and Adam will review the provisions in the law for both individuals and businesses that will affect your 2018 income taxes.
Included in the presentation will be an explanation of the following important provisions:
- Changes in the individual tax rates and tax brackets
- Elimination of deductions for exemptions and certain itemized deductions and increases in the standard deduction and how these changes will affect taxpayers
- Increase in the Child Tax Credit
- Expansion of depreciation opportunities for businesses
- Significant changes in the taxation of business income for corporations and pass-through entities, including an explanation of the new 20% Qualified Business Income Deduction
2019 Youth Art Show
Crooked Tree Arts Center
April 13th - May 11
An invitational exhibition, “Here and There” considers themes of place in time through three unique bodies of photographic work. Cameras have long been used to capture and preserve the world around us; the artists included in this exhibition photograph their surroundings in order to tell unique, personal, and unexpected narratives. Topics such as privacy, technology, beauty, and the environment are explored in this exhibition through images of varied landscapes.Artwork created by Char-Em ISD and home school students, Kindergarten through Grade 12, will be on display during the Youth Arts Festival.