Ladies Opening NightName: Ladies Opening NightDate: November 17, 2017Time: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM ESTWebsite: http://www.petoskeydowntown.comEvent Description:
Holiday shopping season is starting off with a bang! Ladies, while your husbands are away at deer camp, come Downtown Petoskey on Friday, November 17th to start your holiday shopping and create your ultimate holiday wish list! Join us afterwards for a Doe Camp at Stafford’s Perry Hotel to win prizes off the buck pole! Doe Camp opens at 8:30 p.m. and prize drawings begin at 9:30 p.m.
From 5 to 9 p.m., start your evening off in any of the participating stores, and from there grab a wish list and start hunting! While you set your sights on your ultimate holiday wish list, don't forget to grab a few things for yourself all while you enjoy games, gifts, and nibbles throughout the participating stores. Show your completed wish list at Doe Camp in order to register for the prize drawings off the buck pole.
The tradition of hunting and deer camp is one that pulls together the threads of tradition, camaraderie, and a good time. It is Downtown Petoskey’s hope that the first Friday of hunting season will be the start of a similar tradition for those ladies who would rather hunt for bags over bucks.
Shop from 5-9 p.m.
Doe Camp Opens at 8:30 p.m.
Prize Drawings begin at 9: 30 p.m.
2016 Participating Stores:
- Arlington Jewelers
- A Penny Saved - Refreshments, snacks, giveaways and drawings on the hour! The more friends you bring, the more chances you get to win! Be the first to see new merchandise.
- American Spoon Foods - Cherry Peach Pumpkin Chili and an in store drawing!
- Bearcub Outfitters - 20% off on all winter jackets, hats, gloves and snowshoes!
- Craig Ryan - 15% off store wide
- Cheekade Meekade - 20% off all Doe's favorite items!
- Ciao Bella! Home - Hors D'oeuvres and 10% off store wide
- The Clothes Post - Open and ready to help dress your hunter like a gentleman!
- Cutler's Kitchen & Gift's
- B. Jeweled - Target practice for discounts, exclusive markdowns, caramel cider & "Doe" nuts!
- Dunworkin - Refreshments & 10% off all Dunworkin clothing store wide
- Expressions - open and ready for Doe!
- Fustini's Oil & Vinegar - Offering samples & games
- Grandpa Shorter's Gifts - Stop in for great bites to eat and to register for a $100 gift certificate!
- Glass Lakes Photography - 10% off ornaments, 15% off metal prints, 18% off portrait sessions, 20% off 8X12 matted prints, 25% off print studio
- Haystacks - 20% off and free scarf with purchase
- Items - Refreshments and target practice for 10-40% off!
- J. Phillips - Appetizers and a free pair of earrings with any purchase
- J. W. Shorter & Son Mercantile - Stop in for dessert and register for a $100 gift certificate
- Lake Affect - 10-50% off store wide, FREE Lake Affect scent with $200 purchase and a change to win a Women's Shinola watch "The Gomelsky" with $100 purchase!
- Lake Street Design - Refreshments and 30% off home accessories & accent furniture!
- McLean & Eakin - Hey Ladies! Treat yourself to 1/2 off all Lollia products and 25% off all Christmas cards
- Meyer Ace Hardware - Free reusable holiday shopping bag and your choice of kitchen gadget with purchase
- Mettlers American Mercantile - Refreshments and drawing for Little Traverse custom tote and Buy American T-shirt
- Momentum - Over 60% off magazine racks while supplies last
- Nancy Fershee - Light refreshments and drawing for piece of jewelry
- Northern Michigan Artists Market - Prize drawing for "Fifty BUCKS"
- Northgoods - Open late! Stop in for refreshments and trail snacks while you register to win gift certificates! As always, free gift wrapping!
- Northperk - complimentary snacks featured from My Sisters Bake Shop and buy one get one drinks all night! (the perfect fuel for a fun night of shopping!)
- Pour Public House - You could win two tickets to Pour's five course wine dinner on November 15th! Get a raffle ticket with each drink or purchase a raffle ticket for $5
- Rocking Horse Toy Co. - 20% off store wide, refreshments and free gift wrapping
- Ruff Life Pet Outfitters - 15% off store wide
- Robert Frost - "Buck Snort" bag toss for prizes, discounts throughout the store, trail snacks & drinks
- Sandra Lee Photography Studio - refreshments, prize drawing for 1/2 hour glamour photo shoot and Camouflage theme photo booth!
- Stafford's Gallery - Enjoy a glass of wine compliments from our Artist's and a drawing for a limited edition print
- Somebody's Gallery - 10% off entire store and wine!
- Sunglass Shoppe - Sips, snacks, & gift certificate specials
- Symon's General Store - Cheese samples and in store drawings
- Threads - Drawing for a prize giveaway, 30% off denim, outerwear & shoes, refreshments and nibbles too!
- Trillium Salon - Have some snacks and enjoy your hand and arm massage, hair braiding, chair massage or sensory journey. Drawing for up to $150 in Aveda products!
- V2V - Open late so you can create your wish list!
Hayrides around Pond Hill Farm
Pond Hill Farm
Saturday and Sunday
May 26 - Oct 28
Enjoy weekend hayrides around Pond Hill Farm every Sat. & Sun. from 12-3 p.m. Ride wanders around our pastures, vineyard, forest, fields, and swamp and makes a stop at the trout pond to feed the fish! $4 per person. Kids 2 and under free! Find out more at www.pondhill.com
Woven Together: The Fiber Work of Sherri Smith @CTAC
Crooked Tree Arts Center
Aug. 25 - Nov. 17
For nearly 50 years, fiber artist Sherri Smith has been impacting and influencing the field of fiber arts around the world. Smith’s artwork came to prominence after being included in the 1969 groundbreaking exhibition, Wall Hangings, at the Museum of Modern Art in New York City. In addition to exhibiting her work in museums and galleries across the US and abroad, Smith went on to develop the University of Michigan Stamps School of Art and Design’s fibers program. Now, after four decades of dedicated service to the University, Smith will retire from the Stamps School at the end of the Winter 2018 semester.
Smith’s exhibition features work from her most recent series, Astronomy, which is concerned with science and - at times - mathematics. Inspired by NASA images made by space missions and telescopes, old astronomy drawings, and lunar maps, Smith’s work is a celebration of our ultimate explorations.
Woven Together: The Influence of Sherri Smith @CTAC
Crooked Tree Arts Center
Aug. 25 - Nov. 17
Fiber artist Sherri Smith’s influence has reached near and far thanks to her extensive exhibition history, publications, and 40 years of teaching at the University of Michigan’s Penny W. Stamps School of Art and Design. This complementary exhibition highlights the work of 14 artists who earned their MFA degrees under Sherri Smith. The exhibition includes unique examples of contemporary fiber and fiber-inspired works from artists working across North America. Weaving, sculpture, video, printed textiles, and mixed media assemblages will be on display.
David Brackett, Deborah Carlson, Linda Duvall, Marianne Fairbanks, Geary Jones, Mary Ann Jordan, Janice Lessman-Moss, Sue Moran, Robin Muller, Kate Pocrass, Marianetta Porter, Denise Samuels, Jenny Schu, and Sheri Simons.
Safe Home Harvest Food and Supply Drive
Women's Resource Center Locations
Nov. 1 - Dec. 31
Women's Resource Center of Northern Michigan's (WRCNM) Harvest Food and Supply drive supports survivors and their children seeking refuge from domestic abuse at the Safe Home. Last year, the Safe Home provided families 3,000 nights of shelter, 9,000 meals and all daily needs at no cost. Donations of non-perishable foods, household supplies, personal care items, grocery gift cards and financial contributions help make the Safe Home feel like ‘home’ for many families utilizing these vital services.
Harvest Food and Supply Drive donation locations: WRCNM main office at 423 Porter Street, Petoskey; Gold Mine Resale Shops, Petoskey; and WRCNM offices in Cheboygan, Gaylord and Mancelona. The Safe Home Needs List is online at wrcnm.org. For more information, call (231) 347-1572.