SCRC open 6 a.m. - 9 p.m. Please check hours
North Central Michigan College
- Schools / Colleges / Education
- Wedding/Event Vendors
Since 1958, North Central Michigan College has been opening the door to academic success for residents by offering two-year associate degrees in the arts and sciences that are transferable to four-year universities. In addition, North Central has paved the path to better-paying careers through its applied science programs in business, education, health science, criminal justice, information technology and legal assistance. Equally important, North Central provides a second chance for residents by advancing their skills, switching careers or just getting more from life through education.
Moreover, North Central’s Corporate & Community Education (CCE) partners with area manufacturers in the region, providing training in health care, safety, agriculture, business, education, hospitality, computer software and more. North Central Michigan College also partners with the Little Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa Indians to establish a Computer Numerical Controls (CNC) lab, allowing it to offer advanced manufacturing technology programming. This is in addition to its mobile Fab Lab, which allows it to provide similar training at various sites within North Central’s service area.
North Central has added community interest programs including many great fitness opportunities, as well as workshops and enrichment opportunities.In the past year, North Central trained 772 students in our public safety programs, including firefighters, corrections officers, critical care paramedics and EMS instructors. The college is among the top five, year-round largest employers in Emmet County.
- For campus events, go to http://www.ncmich.edu/community-events/event-calendar.html
- To apply, go to http://www.ncmich.edu/future-students/apply-now.html
- For information on training and workshops, go to Corporate and Community Education.
- For programs of study, go to Choose a Program from the home page
- For the Foundation, go to www.ncmich.edu/community-events/foundation/
Whom to Contact
- Mr. David BoringDirector of Information Technology
- Jim CousinoAssociate Dean of Public Service Programs
- Ms. Stephanie DavisLibrarian
- Ms. Renee DeYoungVice President of Student Affairs
- Dr. David Roland FinleyPresident
- Mr. David HartnettVP Finance and Facilities
- Mr. Charles Hayes, M.A.Dean Business, Manufacturing & Technology
- Ms. Melanie LeaverAssistant Dean for Instructional Technology
- Mr. Peter OlsonVice President of Academic Affairs
- Dr. Jamie PagelsDean of Nursing, Allied Health and Science
- Mrs. Chelsea PlatteExecutive Director, Foundation
- Ms. Diana SouzaDirector of Human Resource
- Mr. Jim TisdelDirector of Corporate & Community Education
- Ms. Megan Van HornExecutive Assistant to President
North Central can be accessed via US 131 S, turn east onto Sheridan then right onto Howard Street. It can also be accessed via US 31, turn left onto Mitchell Street, right onto Howard Street.