SCRC open 6 a.m. - 9 p.m. Please check hours
North Central Michigan College
- Schools / Colleges / Education
Since 1958, North Central Michigan College has been opening the door to academic success for residents by offering two-year associate degrees in the arts and sciences that are transferable to four-year universities. In addition, North Central has paved the path to better-paying careers through its applied science programs in business, education, health science, criminal justice, information technology and legal assistance. Equally important, North Central provides a second chance for residents by advancing their skills, switching careers or just getting more from life through education.
Moreover, North Central’s Corporate & Community Education (CCE) has partnered with eight manufacturers in the region, training more than 540 workers and creating 40 new positions. CCE also provides training in health care, safety, agriculture, business, education, hospitality, computer software and more. North Central Michigan College also has partnered with the Little Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa Indians to establish a Computer Numerical Controls (CNC) lab, allowing it to offer advanced manufacturing technology programming. This is in addition to its mobile Fab Lab, which allows it to provide similar training at various sites within North Central’s service area.
With an annual budget of nearly $16 million, North Central Michigan College’s full- and part-time faculty and staff numbered 346 and its enrollment reached 2,600 in the year’s fall semester. The college is among the top five, year-round largest employers in Emmet County.
Whom to Contact
- Ms. Gretchen CarrollDean of Occupational Programs
- Ms. Vickie ChokaTraining Coordinator
- Ms. Renee DeYoungVice President of Student Affairs
- Mr. David HartnettVP Finance and Facilities
- Mr. Scott LaDeur
- Ms. Melanie LeaverAssistant Dead for Instructional Technology
- Mr. Peter OlsonVice President of Academic Affairs
- Ms. Diana SouzaDirector of Human Resource
- Mr. Jim TisdelDirector of Corporate & Community Education
- Mrs. Lisa WatsonExecutive Director
North Central can be accessed via US 131 S, turn east onto Sheridan then right onto Howard Street. It can also be accessed via US 31, turn left onto Mitchell Street, right onto Howard Street.