Women's Resource Center of Northern Michigan
- Resale & Consignment Shops
- Child Development & Day Care
Women’s Resource Center of Northern Michigan has provided high-quality, comprehensive services to survivors of domestic abuse and sexual assault since 1977. Programs and services have been added in response to community need, such as childcare, preschool, education and employment and the Safe Home shelter. These services are funded by revenues from our Gold Mine Resale stores, donations and grants.
Serves Antrim, Charlevoix, Cheboygan, Emmet and Otsego counties.
Provides safe, confidential and compassionate support to survivors at no cost.
JobsCashier-clerkCategory: RetailCashier-clerk – friendly, dependable multitasker with great customer service, sales experience and ability to engage with customers. 40 hours per week. A job with a purpose; Gold Mine revenues support essential Women's Resource Center of Northern Michigan services. Apply at Gold Mine Resale Shop, 1002 Emmet Street, Petoskey. EOE
ContactPhone:(231) 347-0067Fax:(231) 347-5805Residential AdvocateCategory: Non-Profit and Social ServicesResidential Advocate for domestic abuse shelter. Responsibilities include assisting families, staffing crisis phone line, and general upkeep of shelter. Full-time position with benefits. Overnight shifts Monday through Friday, weekends, and holidays. Send resume to Jamie Winters, Women’s Resource Center of Northern Michigan, 423 Porter Street, Petoskey, MI 49770. EOE
ContactPhone:(231) 347-0067Fax:(231) 347-5805Sexual Assault Counselor-AdvocateCategory: Non-Profit and Social ServicesSexual Assault Counselor-Advocate to provide direct counseling and advocacy to survivors. Knowledge and skills to support survivors, ability to work within the criminal justice system and assist with community resources, and an understanding of the Trauma-Informed model are desired. Bachelor’s degree and two years of related professional experience. Full-time with benefits; some evening hours. ...read more
ContactPhone:(231) 347-0067Fax:(231) 347-5805Assistant TeacherCategory: EducationAssistant Teacher at an educational center for children ages 2 ½ to 10; up to 40 hours/week with benefits, Monday-Friday. Applicant should have the ability to relate to young children and an interest in gaining knowledge in child development and the daily operation of a learning-based program. Email cover letter and resume to Nicole Dixon, Children’s Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or send ...read more
ContactPhone:(231) 347-0067Fax:(231) 347-5805
Whom to Contact
- Stacey BurnsEducation and Employment Services CoordinatorPhone: (231) 348-6699
- Nicole DixonChildren's Services Program DirectorPhone: (231) 347-0067
- Courtney GrahamAdministrative AssistantPhone: (231) 347-0067
- Holly HaagManagerPhone: 231-348-7908
- Megan KingViolence Prevention CoordinatorPhone: 231-347-1572
- Ms. Gail KlossExecutive DirectorPhone: (231) 347-0067
- Chris KrajewskiDomestic Abuse & Sexual Assault Program DirectorPhone: (231) 347-1572
- Sarah MatyeFund DeveloperPhone: (231) 347-0067
- Janice PiziiManagerPhone: 231-347-3970
- Deb SmithAssistant DirectorPhone: (231) 347-0067
- Ms. Christine StachonFinance ManagerPhone: (231) 347-0067
423 Porter Street, between US 131 South (Spring Street) and Curtis Avenue/Bridge Street, Petoskey. Gold Mine Resale Shops at 1002 Emmet and 1878 US-31 North, Petoskey.