Resource Websites for Health Updates
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan is declaring Emergency Order 2020-1 requiring screening and social distancing measures at open businesses and operations subject to the Governor’s Executive Order 2020-21. The emergency order goes into effect on Monday, April 6 at 12:00pm (noon).
View the Order Here.
The best way to mitigate community spread, for now, is to practice Social Distancing. Outings should be limited to get food, needed prescriptions, and supplies. Please read these important guidelines from the Health Department of Northwest Michigan, McLaren Northern Michigan and Munson Healthcare Charlevoix Hospital.
When Do I Need To Call My Doctor Or Be Tested For Covid-19?
The primary symptoms of COVID-19 infection are fever, cough and shortness of breath.
If you have NO symptoms, you do NOT need to call your doctor and cannot be tested for COVID-19.
If your symptoms are mild (e.g. you would not normally see a doctor):
• If you have traveled internationally, call your doctor.
• If you have traveled in the US to a place that has a lot of COVID-19 cases, call your doctor.
• If you know you were exposed to someone diagnosed with COVID-19, call your doctor.
• If you do not fit into one of the above 3 categories, PLEASE stay home until symptoms are gone and take care of your illness as you normally would.
◼️If your symptoms are moderate (e.g. you would normally call your doctor): Stay at home and call your doctor for advice.
◼️If your symptoms are severe (e.g. you are having a lot of trouble breathing): Go to the Emergency Room or call 911. If calling 911, let them know you think you may have COVID-19 infection. If going to the emergency room, call ahead if possible. Letting EMS and the hospital know ahead of time will help prevent exposing health care workers.
📞Munson COVID-19 Hotline: 231-935-0951
📞McLaren COVID-19 Hotline: 231-487-9950
◼️If you do not have a health care provider, or are unsure what to do, call the MDHHS COVID-19 Line at 1-888-535-6136 or our Public Health Information Line at 1-800-356-5959.
IMPORTANT UPDATES FROM MCLAREN NORTHERN MICHIGAN - April 7, 2020
NEW INFORMATION AS OF 4/7/2020
STATUS OF COVID-19
Area Health Departments release COVID-19 statistics by county every day at 4:00 p.m. As testing capacity continues to expand, we expect to see more positive results in our community. Check these sites for details:
We are overwhelmed by the outpouring of community support during this time. Thank you for supporting your hospital and your health care workers with your donations and encouragement.
KARMANOS CANCER INSTITUTE NEW HOURS
Effective April 6 - May 29, Karmanos Cancer Institute offices are open as follows:
- Petoskey Hematology & Medical Oncology Monday – Thursday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Petoskey Infusion Center open Monday – Friday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Radiation Therapy open Monday – Friday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Gaylord Hematology & Medical Oncology Tuesday – Thursday 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Gaylord Infusion Center open Monday – Thursday 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- An on-call physician is available for after-hours urgent needs (fever of 100.4+ or other urgent needs) at 231-487-5555
HEALTH DEPARTMENT EMERGENCY ORDER
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has issued Emergency Order 2020-1, which requires screening and social distancing measures at all open businesses and operations subject to the Governor’s Executive Order 2020-21. The emergency order went into effect today at 12:00 p.m. (noon).
To read the entire message from the Health Department, CLICK HERE.
PUBLIC TRIAGE PHONE LINE
Call your primary care provider or our COVID-19 hotline at 231-487-5550 if you are experiencing symptoms (fever, cough, breathing difficulty). If your symptoms are life threatening, call 911.
HEART ATTACK & STROKE CARE
If you are experiencing signs and symptoms of a stroke or heart attack – these are still emergencies, and we are here and ready to help you! Please remember:
- Call ahead only if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, CLICK HERE
- Signs of a Stroke, CLICK HERE
- Signs of a Heart Attack, CLICK HERE
- If experiencing a life-threatening emergency, call 9-1-1
MEDICATION & SHARPS DROPOFFS CANCELLED
Medication and Sharp Dropoffs scheduled for April have been cancelled. Thank you for your understanding.