The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) issued a new emergency order today that extends the most recent pause targeting indoor social gatherings and other group activities in an effort to curb rapidly rising COVID-19 infection rates.
Highlights of this order include:
This order is effective on January 16th, 2021. These rules are expected to remain in effect until January 31, 2021.
- Indoor group fitness may resume.
- Indoor non-contact sports may resume
- Indoor dining in bars and restaurants is still prohibited, but they can continue to offer outdoor dining, carry-out, and delivery.
- Employees who can work from home should continue to do so.
- Indoor residential gatherings remain limited to 10 people and two households.
UPDATED RESOURCES 1-13-20
Full overview Infographic
Capacity Limits Fact Sheet
Epidemic Order FAQ