• First Community Bank

    Categories

    Banks

    About Us

    The story of First Community Bank starts with an Irish immigrant named William J. Clarke. Clarke left his native land in 1872 to seek his fortune in Canada. In 1876, he moved to Harbor Springs, at the time a thriving lumber town.

    In 1896, Mr. W.J. Clarke built the three story brick building which has served as the Bank's Harbor Springs main location since it was founded. In 1905, Clarke took the necessary steps to obtain a bank charter from the State of Michigan, and on November 1st of that year the Bank opened for business under the name of Emmet County State Bank.

    In 1975, the Bank changed its name to Harbor Springs State Bank. In 1993, as the result of expansion into the adjoining community of Petoskey, the name was again changed to First Community Bank. In 2000, First Community Bank expanded to the community of Cheboygan and in 2006 expanded to Traverse City. In 2012, First Community Bank established an office in Grand Rapids and most recently an office has been established in Birmingham.

    William J. Clarke was eventually succeeded as President of the Bank by his son James T. Clarke. James T. was then succeeded by his son James H. Clarke. His son Robert W. Clarke became President in 1975. In 1998, Matthew R. Clarke joined the Bank, representing the fifth generation and in 2002 his brother Daniel J. Clarke joined the Bank.

    Images

    Gallery Image logo.png

    Rep/Contact Info

    Mr. Matthew R. Clarke
    President
    Tracey Dryovage
    Vice President Commercial Lending
    Mr. Gregg Garver
    Community Bank President
    Meagan Krzywosinski
    AVP Human Resources
    Ms. Sarah Pirie
    loan assistant
    Sheryl Seeyle
    Mortgage Loan Officer
    Marianne Watson
  • Quicklinks and Area Resources Quicklinks and Area Resources


  •          

  •                

  • Contact Info Contact Info

  •